Our vision at Arabic Gems is that one day we will live in a society where every Muslim will understand the speech of their Lord. That our paths will once again be illuminated with the divine light of the Qur’an. That guided by the Qur’an we will shed the shackles that currently bind us. The learning of a new language as an adult is a difficult endeavour – one that is made harder by the pace of life today and the multiple responsibilities which we carry as parents, professionals, and members of our communities.
It is with this in mind that we have sought to develop a course that is flexible enough to be accommodated within the
rigours of today’s life but with a structure robust enough to achieve the objective – a course that would provide the shortest path to learning the language of the Qur’an by appreciating the particular strengths and weaknesses of the modern Muslim learner. The language of the Qur’an can not be appreciated without touching upon the linguistic gems which adorn the Qur’an, this has been part of the course from its beginning and is one of the most rewarding elements of learning the language to students. We ask Allah the Exalted to grant us success in our mission and invite you all to join us in this life changing journey towards witnessing the miracle of the Qur’an.
Why learn Arabic?
Top 10 reasons to learn the language of the Quran
Arabic is the language by which Allah communicated with mankind in the Qur’an
Arabic will give you an appreciation of the exact words spoken by the Prophet saw to the Companions
The quality of one’s salah is dependent upon the appreciation of the meanings of what they are saying.
Understanding the Qur’an in Arabic will enable you to witness the living linguistic miracle of the Qur’an.
Through understanding Arabic, the memorization of Qur’an becomes a real possibility, as the Qur’an is designed to help its memorization.
Arabic grants access to 1400 years of written Islamic scholarship from the legendary scholars of early Islam whose books remain with us preserved to this day.
Arabic grants access to the thousands upon thousands of hours of Islamic lectures available on the Internet by contemporary scholars
The Prophet SAW said, “Whoever Allah wants good for, He grants him understanding of the religion.” Understanding the religion begins by understanding the Qur’an, which can only truly happen in the Arabic language.
Imam Malik said, “The last of this Ummah will not be reformed except by that which reformed the first of it,” and that is the Qur’an.
By learning Arabic, one develops a relationship with the Qur’an, and the Qur’an can then become an intercessor for them. Abdullah ibn Amr reported: The Messenger of Allah, peace and blessings be upon him, said, “Fasting and the Quran will intercede for the servant on the Day of Resurrection. Fasting will say: O Lord, I prevented him from food and drink during the day, so allow me to intercede for him. The Quran will say: O Lord, I prevented him from sleeping during the night, so allow me to intercede for him. Thus, they will both intercede for him.”
What others say about us
- Alhamdullilah, I’ve been studying Arabic on and off for many years. The Arabic Gems course is exactly what I have been looking for; learning Arabic with the purpose of reading Quran in its original language. The quality of the course is beyond excellent, the contents, way of teachings, the invaluable insights given on the Quran supported by great, yet simple technology and outstanding organisation. The length of the course and the level of homework required each week is a great way to keep close to the Quran. After 20 weeks, I am already able to read chunks of Quran by myself, recognising verbs, nouns. When I heard about the course, I immediately wanted to register and at the same exact moment, I heard the whispers of Shaytan explaining to me the many reasons why I would not be capable of committing to that course, like children, pregnancy, daily chores... I recognized it was from Shaytan and am glad I registered straight away with the single intention to please Allah.Karine, London
- Flexible, comprehensive and taught by a phenomenally gifted and patient teacher (maa shaa Allah) you have to take this course! No more excuses for lack of time, funds or capacity…absolutely anyone who understands English is suitable for this course. I would just go for it for an investment literally of a lifetime! You would not believe how much more meaningful your Qur’an recitation becomes even from week 1 which covers very basic principles.Halimah Bello, UK
- My main reason for wanting to study Arabic was to able to understand the Qur’aan when I recite it or when I hear it being recited in Salah in hopes of drawing nearer to Allah (s.w.t). What I did not expect was how fast my ablitily to understand would develop. Only 4 weeks into the second term now and I’m still amazed every week at the ayahs in our homework that I read and am readily able to translate. Alhamdulilah, the benefits I’m gaining through this course are much greater than the goals and expectations I originally had going into it. For one, I really struggled with reading Qur’aan (it would litterally take me minutes to read an ayah!) and by the grace of Allah, I am able to read much faster and a lot easier now. Secondly, the insipration and motivation I get from the rest of the sisters is amazing. Just the fact that women from all walks of life (mothers, wives, students, professionals etc) are coming together and supporting eachother for one common purpose makes me feel blessed that Allah chose me to be a part of it. Thirdly, I can not begin to describe what an amazing teacher Ustadha Ola is. Not only does she explain things in such a way that anyone can understand, but she continues to motivate us every week and is always actively answering EVERY question through forums and emails quickly (and we have a lot of them!). This course truly reflects her passion for teaching and the Arabic language itself. Finally, I was not expecting to understand any deeper level of meaning in the Qur’aan JUST from learning the vocabulary and grammer. I always thought this would come once I mastered the language. Subhan’Allah! It’s an amazing feeling when you understand more than what the English translation says. Although this is something that we just began to dive into more in the second term, I feel like the possibilty of anyone going through their life as a Muslim and not experiencing the miracle of the Qur’aan the way it was meant to be understood would be a great shame.In all honesty, I myself was halfhearted about starting… wondering if I really had the time. If I could go back, I would give my former self a smack for even thinking about passing up on such an amazing opportunity. Yes, it takes hard work, dedication and consisitency but the amount effort does not come close to the reward and benefit insha’Allah. May Allah put barakah in your path to seeking knowledgeAyan Ali, Canada
- I am going through this beautiful journey of quran and I am in term 2. After just a few lessons I started understanding verses. Every lesson brings me in to light and noor of Allah subhanahu wa taala.It is so amazing for me when I recite quran I understand it. Now I read many ayat that I thought I understood through the translations, but now via this course I can see many layers and layers of meanings that Allah wants to convey to us message to us and we never listen or bother to understand. Another thing I now appreciate is the beauty and perfection of language Allah has used in quran. I came to know no other book has that beauty and perfection. I regret that I did not learn this all earlier. I recommend this course should start in the school so our kids should know to understand Quranic verses where they learn so much of other knowledge but miss the most important part of life. I am so thankful of our Ustadha also who is so kind to us and answers all of our question and bears with us in so many ways with alot of patience. May Allah Taala reward her and all who are helping us.Tuba Khan, Queensland, Australia
- There are so many Arabic courses to choose from these days -all of them market themselves persuasively so choosing one can pose quite a dilemma! Arabic Gems' Arabic Through the Qur'an course seemed to tick a number of boxes when I heard about it: a course focusing on fus.ha, aiming to equip learners to understand the Blessed Qur'an - and to do so within a year -from one Ramadhan to the next. Having enrolled and having been on board for 6 months (half the course) I can delightedly confirm that I have not looked back nor regretted my decision! I am in fact so thankful to Ar-Rahman that He guided me to this course and allowed me to join - I am learning so much all the time and really feel the learning embedding itself in my psyche and making an impact on my reading with understanding, alhamdulIllah. Yes, lots of little things to remember but Arabic grammar? No problem! Ustadhah breaks it down to make it simple and clear and her regular homeworks really work to make us practise and learn each new point she covers. May Allah, subhanh, reward you Ustadhah, ameen!Someera Butt, Headteacher, al-Noor Muslim Primary School, London
- As a non-Arabic speaker who wanted to learn Qur’anic Arabic, this course has been a gateway to understanding the meaning, grammar and hidden gems of the Qur’an in a short period of time. The live weekly classes are supplemented by practical handouts containing “key point” summaries. Interactive forums, constructive and detailed feedback on homework and access to a world-renowned teacher offer support and guidance for all student types. The course structure facilitates structured learning while also remaining flexible to the needs of busy sisters. Not only did I develop my grammar at a fast-pace, but I developed an eye opening and priceless understanding for the root meaning of words; this has enhanced my understanding of the Qur’an. I highly recommend this course to anyone wanting to study Qur’anic ArabicN Khan, Australia
From our popular blog
al-Salaamu ‘alaykum wa rahmatullaah, For the first time ever, the same unique and highly established online Qur’anic...
Due to popular demand we have relaunched our amazing Arabic through the Qur’an course for a new batch of students...
In surah Anbiya Allah says: ” It is He who created night and day, the sun and the...
This post is dedicated to my baby Rahma, the joy of my heart, light of my life, and queen...
Arabic Gems is in the process of relaunching with all new content – watch this space!
al-Salāmu ‘alaykum wa rahmatullāh, The Story of Prophet Yunus in the Qur’an is told only briefly in Surah al-Anbiya...
al-Salāmu ‘alaykum wa rahmatullāh, So important is the concept of ‘happiness’ in our lives that many people – even...
This post is dedicated to my brother. May Allaah protect you and have mercy upon you always habibee…ameen. al-Salaamu...