Our vision at Arabic Gems is that one day we will live in a society where every Muslim will understand the speech of their Lord. That our paths will once again be illuminated with the divine light of the Qur'an. That guided by the Qur'an we will shed the shackles that currently bind us. The learning of a new language as an adult is a difficult endeavour - one that is made harder by the pace of life today and the multiple responsibilities which we carry as parents, professionals, and members of our communities.
It is with this in mind that we have sought to develop a course that is flexible enough to be accommodated within the
rigours of today’s life but with a structure robust enough to achieve the objective - a course that would provide the shortest path to learning the language of the Qur'an by appreciating the particular strengths and weaknesses of the modern Muslim learner. The language of the Qur'an can not be appreciated without touching upon the linguistic gems which adorn the Qur’an, this has been part of the course from its beginning and is one of the most rewarding elements of learning the language to students. We ask Allah the Exalted to grant us success in our mission and invite you all to join us in this life changing journey towards witnessing the miracle of the Qur'an.
Why learn Arabic?
Top 10 reasons to learn the language of the Quran
Arabic is the language by which Allah communicated with mankind in the Qur’an
Arabic will give you an appreciation of the exact words spoken by the Prophet saw to the Companions
The quality of one’s salah is dependent upon the appreciation of the meanings of what they are saying.
Understanding the Qur’an in Arabic will enable you to witness the living linguistic miracle of the Qur’an.
Through understanding Arabic, the memorization of Qur’an becomes a real possibility, as the Qur’an is designed to help its memorization.
Arabic grants access to 1400 years of written Islamic scholarship from the legendary scholars of early Islam whose books remain with us preserved to this day.
Arabic grants access to the thousands upon thousands of hours of Islamic lectures available on the Internet by contemporary scholars
The Prophet SAW said, “Whoever Allah wants good for, He grants him understanding of the religion.” Understanding the religion begins by understanding the Qur’an, which can only truly happen in the Arabic language.
Imam Malik said, “The last of this Ummah will not be reformed except by that which reformed the first of it,” and that is the Qur’an.
By learning Arabic, one develops a relationship with the Qur’an, and the Qur’an can then become an intercessor for them. Abdullah ibn Amr reported: The Messenger of Allah, peace and blessings be upon him, said, “Fasting and the Quran will intercede for the servant on the Day of Resurrection. Fasting will say: O Lord, I prevented him from food and drink during the day, so allow me to intercede for him. The Quran will say: O Lord, I prevented him from sleeping during the night, so allow me to intercede for him. Thus, they will both intercede for him.”
What others say about us
- Absolutely outstanding teaching. Having studied Arabic at SOAS University of London I would say Ola’s ability to give the English speaker a thorough understanding of Arabic in such a simple way, surpasses that of any institution..truly gifted in both understanding & teaching therefore a must for those who want to invest in their aakhira … the course allows you to almost immediately have an appreciation & further attachment to our Noble Quran.Bushra Daudi, London
- I thank Allaah everyday that I am enrolled in this class. It was by chance that I heard about it Alhamdulillaah, this class has opened my eyes to Quran in a new way. Whenever I read the Quran I challenge myself with either trying to figure out the meaning or looking at the grammatical aspect of the Quran. When I hear the Quran being recited and I can understand what Allaah azza wa jal is saying without any translation that is what gives me hope and motivation to keep struggling!.Ayan Ibrahim, Canada
- Alhamdullilah, I’ve been studying Arabic on and off for many years. The Arabic Gems course is exactly what I have been looking for; learning Arabic with the purpose of reading Quran in its original language. The quality of the course is beyond excellent, the contents, way of teachings, the invaluable insights given on the Quran supported by great, yet simple technology and outstanding organisation. The length of the course and the level of homework required each week is a great way to keep close to the Quran. After 20 weeks, I am already able to read chunks of Quran by myself, recognising verbs, nouns. When I heard about the course, I immediately wanted to register and at the same exact moment, I heard the whispers of Shaytan explaining to me the many reasons why I would not be capable of committing to that course, like children, pregnancy, daily chores... I recognized it was from Shaytan and am glad I registered straight away with the single intention to please Allah.Karine, London
- There are so many Arabic courses to choose from these days -all of them market themselves persuasively so choosing one can pose quite a dilemma! Arabic Gems' Arabic Through the Qur'an course seemed to tick a number of boxes when I heard about it: a course focusing on fus.ha, aiming to equip learners to understand the Blessed Qur'an - and to do so within a year -from one Ramadhan to the next. Having enrolled and having been on board for 6 months (half the course) I can delightedly confirm that I have not looked back nor regretted my decision! I am in fact so thankful to Ar-Rahman that He guided me to this course and allowed me to join - I am learning so much all the time and really feel the learning embedding itself in my psyche and making an impact on my reading with understanding, alhamdulIllah. Yes, lots of little things to remember but Arabic grammar? No problem! Ustadhah breaks it down to make it simple and clear and her regular homeworks really work to make us practise and learn each new point she covers. May Allah, subhanh, reward you Ustadhah, ameen!Someera Butt, Headteacher, al-Noor Muslim Primary School, London
- A unique, fast-paced and exciting Arabic course that will have you translating Qur’anic verses from day one. I have not come aross any other course that fulfils its objectives of understanding the Qur’an so quickly and effectively. Ola is a very enthusiastic and motivational teacher. Her knowledge and love for the Qur’an, and her passion for helping her students discover the immense beauty in the Qur’an through its language, make it an amazing course to be part ofB Malik, UK
- We're about to finish term 2 of the Arabic Gems course inshaaAllaah and in the last 6 months my Arabic understanding has accelerated. As a false beginner Arabic Gems has consolidated my understanding of the grammar through extensive practice both in and outside class, and has filled the gaps along the way. I have developed an even greater appreciation for the depth and beauty of the Arabic language and have been left in awe in numerous lessons when ayaat of the Qur'aan have been broken down for our benefit and all praise belongs to Allaah.… In summary the course is well structured (though sometimes fast paced), offers significant amounts of structured practice and support to students and provides many resources to aid the students in their learning.Friederike Fischlein, Saudi Arabia
From our popular blog
al-Salaamu 'alaykum wa rahmatullaah, For the first time ever, the same unique and highly established online Qur'anic...
Due to popular demand we have relaunched our amazing Arabic through the Qur'an course for a new batch of students...
In surah Anbiya Allah says: " It is He who created night and day, the sun and the...
This post is dedicated to my baby Rahma, the joy of my heart, light of my life, and queen...
Arabic Gems is in the process of relaunching with all new content - watch this space!
al-Salāmu ‘alaykum wa rahmatullāh, The Story of Prophet Yunus in the Qur’an is told only briefly in Surah al-Anbiya...
al-Salāmu ‘alaykum wa rahmatullāh, So important is the concept of 'happiness' in our lives that many people – even...
This post is dedicated to my brother. May Allaah protect you and have mercy upon you always habibee…ameen. al-Salaamu...