Our vision at Arabic Gems is that one day we will live in a society where every Muslim will understand the speech of their Lord. That our paths will once again be illuminated with the divine light of the Qur'an. That guided by the Qur'an we will shed the shackles that currently bind us. The learning of a new language as an adult is a difficult endeavour - one that is made harder by the pace of life today and the multiple responsibilities which we carry as parents, professionals, and members of our communities.
It is with this in mind that we have sought to develop a course that is flexible enough to be accommodated within the
rigours of today’s life but with a structure robust enough to achieve the objective - a course that would provide the shortest path to learning the language of the Qur'an by appreciating the particular strengths and weaknesses of the modern Muslim learner. The language of the Qur'an can not be appreciated without touching upon the linguistic gems which adorn the Qur’an, this has been part of the course from its beginning and is one of the most rewarding elements of learning the language to students. We ask Allah the Exalted to grant us success in our mission and invite you all to join us in this life changing journey towards witnessing the miracle of the Qur'an.
Why learn Arabic?
Top 10 reasons to learn the language of the Quran
Arabic is the language by which Allah communicated with mankind in the Qur’an
Arabic will give you an appreciation of the exact words spoken by the Prophet saw to the Companions
The quality of one’s salah is dependent upon the appreciation of the meanings of what they are saying.
Understanding the Qur’an in Arabic will enable you to witness the living linguistic miracle of the Qur’an.
Through understanding Arabic, the memorization of Qur’an becomes a real possibility, as the Qur’an is designed to help its memorization.
Arabic grants access to 1400 years of written Islamic scholarship from the legendary scholars of early Islam whose books remain with us preserved to this day.
Arabic grants access to the thousands upon thousands of hours of Islamic lectures available on the Internet by contemporary scholars
The Prophet SAW said, “Whoever Allah wants good for, He grants him understanding of the religion.” Understanding the religion begins by understanding the Qur’an, which can only truly happen in the Arabic language.
Imam Malik said, “The last of this Ummah will not be reformed except by that which reformed the first of it,” and that is the Qur’an.
By learning Arabic, one develops a relationship with the Qur’an, and the Qur’an can then become an intercessor for them. Abdullah ibn Amr reported: The Messenger of Allah, peace and blessings be upon him, said, “Fasting and the Quran will intercede for the servant on the Day of Resurrection. Fasting will say: O Lord, I prevented him from food and drink during the day, so allow me to intercede for him. The Quran will say: O Lord, I prevented him from sleeping during the night, so allow me to intercede for him. Thus, they will both intercede for him.”
What others say about us
- I am going through this beautiful journey of quran and I am in term 2. After just a few lessons I started understanding verses. Every lesson brings me in to light and noor of Allah subhanahu wa taala.It is so amazing for me when I recite quran I understand it. Now I read many ayat that I thought I understood through the translations, but now via this course I can see many layers and layers of meanings that Allah wants to convey to us message to us and we never listen or bother to understand. Another thing I now appreciate is the beauty and perfection of language Allah has used in quran. I came to know no other book has that beauty and perfection. I regret that I did not learn this all earlier. I recommend this course should start in the school so our kids should know to understand Quranic verses where they learn so much of other knowledge but miss the most important part of life. I am so thankful of our Ustadha also who is so kind to us and answers all of our question and bears with us in so many ways with alot of patience. May Allah Taala reward her and all who are helping us.Tuba Khan, Queensland, Australia
- As a non-Arabic speaker who wanted to learn Qur’anic Arabic, this course has been a gateway to understanding the meaning, grammar and hidden gems of the Qur’an in a short period of time. The live weekly classes are supplemented by practical handouts containing “key point” summaries. Interactive forums, constructive and detailed feedback on homework and access to a world-renowned teacher offer support and guidance for all student types. The course structure facilitates structured learning while also remaining flexible to the needs of busy sisters. Not only did I develop my grammar at a fast-pace, but I developed an eye opening and priceless understanding for the root meaning of words; this has enhanced my understanding of the Qur’an. I highly recommend this course to anyone wanting to study Qur’anic ArabicN Khan, Australia
- I was very nervous and anxious in starting this course. I was not keen on online classes, especially in the evenings as my household is very hectic around this time. So there were many obstacles in my way to do this course. I made lots of dua', prayed istikhara and took the leap of faith. All praise is due to Allah the Almighty, He has made it easy for me! I have managed to attend all the classes! To be honest, there have been weeks of hardship but in all I find myself enjoying the classes and actually looking forward to them. I didn't think I was really going to enjoy it but I did. Despite getting confused at times and getting lots of wrong answers to the questions I find myself still persevering. I now feel I have more understanding of the rules in Arabic language so far, whereas before I just learnt whatever I was taught, but never looked into it any deeper. I am truly blessed to have Ustadha Ola as my teacher. May Allah reward her abundantly with good, for all your patience. It is really nice and heart warming to have a teacher who really encourages us to keep going and give us reminders on why we are doing the course. Not solely to get the highest marks in the exams but to grasp the understanding and be really appreciative of the wrong answers we get and look into the error and make it better. We have heard from many scholars, students of knowledge about the importance of learning the Arabic language countless times but I have not felt this in my heart before. For me, it was a duty to learn but now it is the love to learn and already I get so excited when you use an ayah from the Quran to show us the literal miracle of the Quran. I pray that there will be many more like this and that I will never cease to be excited with learning the language of the Quran. Ameen.Umm Zakariyah, London
- I thank Allaah everyday that I am enrolled in this class. It was by chance that I heard about it Alhamdulillaah, this class has opened my eyes to Quran in a new way. Whenever I read the Quran I challenge myself with either trying to figure out the meaning or looking at the grammatical aspect of the Quran. When I hear the Quran being recited and I can understand what Allaah azza wa jal is saying without any translation that is what gives me hope and motivation to keep struggling!.Ayan Ibrahim, Canada
- It was December 2012 and I had the great privilege of visiting Saudi Arabia for the first time. I was there for a training but Alhamdulillah I got time to visit the Holy City – Makkah – even though it was for only a day. I had the honour of performing my umrah and attending the Juma prayers there. I was in awe. Imagine then, my great shame when I could not understand a word of the khutbah because of course it was in Arabic!!! It was then that I vowed to do my utmost to learn this beautiful language chosen by Allah (set). But how, where and when will I find time in my busy schedule for undertaking this task? By the grace of Allah the Almighty, a few weeks after I returned home, my sister sent me a mail informing me about this course. She was signing up for the class and wanted me to join her. Subhanallah! Exactly what I was looking for! I consider this course truly a gift from Allah (swt). I signed up and 4 months down the line, do not regret it for a second. The course has the advantage of being a structured class taught by a professional who truly cares about her students with class sessions, assignments, tests and grades. Yet at the same time, it is flexible in that the students attend class while in the comfort of their home, and can do the assignments and tests at their own time.Shazma Ahmed, Kenya
- 'I don't have the time', I'm so exhausted after work', 'my children are too dependent on me' are only a few of the excuses I offered to myself more than anyone else. However, once I enrolled and sat through the first class I knew this was my priority now. Struggle in the path of Allah and Allah will increase you. The Imperfect in Arabic is one of the most beautiful lessons among many taught in this course and is capable of softening the most hardest of hearts bi-ithnillah. This course is different because of the beauty of the Qur'an being explored while you learn. Stop relying on others to tell you about the Qur'an and start your conversation with Allah todayMeru, London
From our popular blog
al-Salaamu 'alaykum wa rahmatullaah, For the first time ever, the same unique and highly established online Qur'anic...
Due to popular demand we have relaunched our amazing Arabic through the Qur'an course for a new batch of students...
In surah Anbiya Allah says: " It is He who created night and day, the sun and the...
This post is dedicated to my baby Rahma, the joy of my heart, light of my life, and queen...
Arabic Gems is in the process of relaunching with all new content - watch this space!
al-Salāmu ‘alaykum wa rahmatullāh, The Story of Prophet Yunus in the Qur’an is told only briefly in Surah al-Anbiya...
al-Salāmu ‘alaykum wa rahmatullāh, So important is the concept of 'happiness' in our lives that many people – even...
This post is dedicated to my brother. May Allaah protect you and have mercy upon you always habibee…ameen. al-Salaamu...