Our vision at Arabic Gems is that one day we will live in a society where every Muslim will understand the speech of their Lord. That our paths will once again be illuminated with the divine light of the Qur’an. That guided by the Qur’an we will shed the shackles that currently bind us. The learning of a new language as an adult is a difficult endeavour – one that is made harder by the pace of life today and the multiple responsibilities which we carry as parents, professionals, and members of our communities.
It is with this in mind that we have sought to develop a course that is flexible enough to be accommodated within the
rigours of today’s life but with a structure robust enough to achieve the objective – a course that would provide the shortest path to learning the language of the Qur’an by appreciating the particular strengths and weaknesses of the modern Muslim learner. The language of the Qur’an can not be appreciated without touching upon the linguistic gems which adorn the Qur’an, this has been part of the course from its beginning and is one of the most rewarding elements of learning the language to students. We ask Allah the Exalted to grant us success in our mission and invite you all to join us in this life changing journey towards witnessing the miracle of the Qur’an.
Why learn Arabic?
Top 10 reasons to learn the language of the Quran
Arabic is the language by which Allah communicated with mankind in the Qur’an
Arabic will give you an appreciation of the exact words spoken by the Prophet saw to the Companions
The quality of one’s salah is dependent upon the appreciation of the meanings of what they are saying.
Understanding the Qur’an in Arabic will enable you to witness the living linguistic miracle of the Qur’an.
Through understanding Arabic, the memorization of Qur’an becomes a real possibility, as the Qur’an is designed to help its memorization.
Arabic grants access to 1400 years of written Islamic scholarship from the legendary scholars of early Islam whose books remain with us preserved to this day.
Arabic grants access to the thousands upon thousands of hours of Islamic lectures available on the Internet by contemporary scholars
The Prophet SAW said, “Whoever Allah wants good for, He grants him understanding of the religion.” Understanding the religion begins by understanding the Qur’an, which can only truly happen in the Arabic language.
Imam Malik said, “The last of this Ummah will not be reformed except by that which reformed the first of it,” and that is the Qur’an.
By learning Arabic, one develops a relationship with the Qur’an, and the Qur’an can then become an intercessor for them. Abdullah ibn Amr reported: The Messenger of Allah, peace and blessings be upon him, said, “Fasting and the Quran will intercede for the servant on the Day of Resurrection. Fasting will say: O Lord, I prevented him from food and drink during the day, so allow me to intercede for him. The Quran will say: O Lord, I prevented him from sleeping during the night, so allow me to intercede for him. Thus, they will both intercede for him.”
What others say about us
- This course is for serious learners who would like to grasp Arabic grammar and to have a firm foundation in order to progress further in understanding the language of the Quran. The teacher is highly qualified and experienced and has deep subject knowledge and patience with learners. The course is well structured and after the first lesson you will be able to translate portions of ayahs of the Quran. I have great admiration and respect for our teacher who is an absolute asset to the Muslim Ummah.Drakshan A, London
- Having never studied the Arabic language before I was expecting to find this course impossible, How wrong I was! Although it is truly challenging; I have been prepared for every challenge with brilliant teaching, fantastic resources and a supportive community of sisters to help me along. The main reason this course has worked so well for me is because, if for any reason I miss a class, or need to revisit a subject, the recordings are always there to help, as well as the forums and of course our wonderful teacher. So many people will talk themselves out of taking this course, "I have no time/ I haven't studied in years/ I have children" but my advice to you is: give it a go, you may surprise yourself...I did (AH)!Tahseen, Wanstead
- If you are longing to understand and learn the beautiful language of Quran, please do not miss this great opportunity. The amazing feeling of reciting and understanding Allah’s words is just so heavenly! All the hard work and dedication leads you to get closer to Allah (InshaAllah). Sister Ola, our beloved teacher is full of patience. She is highly experienced and qualified, having done Masters in Arabic Linguistics and specialized in the science of Etymology. Sister Ola’s way of teaching accommodates students at all levels. I feel very proud to be one of her studentsFauzia Qadri, London
- There are so many Arabic courses to choose from these days -all of them market themselves persuasively so choosing one can pose quite a dilemma! Arabic Gems' Arabic Through the Qur'an course seemed to tick a number of boxes when I heard about it: a course focusing on fus.ha, aiming to equip learners to understand the Blessed Qur'an - and to do so within a year -from one Ramadhan to the next. Having enrolled and having been on board for 6 months (half the course) I can delightedly confirm that I have not looked back nor regretted my decision! I am in fact so thankful to Ar-Rahman that He guided me to this course and allowed me to join - I am learning so much all the time and really feel the learning embedding itself in my psyche and making an impact on my reading with understanding, alhamdulIllah. Yes, lots of little things to remember but Arabic grammar? No problem! Ustadhah breaks it down to make it simple and clear and her regular homeworks really work to make us practise and learn each new point she covers. May Allah, subhanh, reward you Ustadhah, ameen!Someera Butt, Headteacher, al-Noor Muslim Primary School, London
- As a busy mum of four I have tried various teach yourself Arabic books over many years and always struggled to comprehend over-complicated grammar explanations. This course was a great relief as Ola was able to simplify these same grammar explanations to a level that everyone can understand very easily.Mrs Ahmed, London
- 'I don't have the time', I'm so exhausted after work', 'my children are too dependent on me' are only a few of the excuses I offered to myself more than anyone else. However, once I enrolled and sat through the first class I knew this was my priority now. Struggle in the path of Allah and Allah will increase you. The Imperfect in Arabic is one of the most beautiful lessons among many taught in this course and is capable of softening the most hardest of hearts bi-ithnillah. This course is different because of the beauty of the Qur'an being explored while you learn. Stop relying on others to tell you about the Qur'an and start your conversation with Allah todayMeru, London
From our popular blog
al-Salaamu ‘alaykum wa rahmatullaah, For the first time ever, the same unique and highly established online Qur’anic...
Due to popular demand we have relaunched our amazing Arabic through the Qur’an course for a new batch of students...
In surah Anbiya Allah says: ” It is He who created night and day, the sun and the...
This post is dedicated to my baby Rahma, the joy of my heart, light of my life, and queen...
Arabic Gems is in the process of relaunching with all new content – watch this space!
al-Salāmu ‘alaykum wa rahmatullāh, The Story of Prophet Yunus in the Qur’an is told only briefly in Surah al-Anbiya...
al-Salāmu ‘alaykum wa rahmatullāh, So important is the concept of ‘happiness’ in our lives that many people – even...
This post is dedicated to my brother. May Allaah protect you and have mercy upon you always habibee…ameen. al-Salaamu...