Our vision at Arabic Gems is that one day we will live in a society where every Muslim will understand the speech of their Lord. That our paths will once again be illuminated with the divine light of the Qur'an. That guided by the Qur'an we will shed the shackles that currently bind us. The learning of a new language as an adult is a difficult endeavour - one that is made harder by the pace of life today and the multiple responsibilities which we carry as parents, professionals, and members of our communities.
It is with this in mind that we have sought to develop a course that is flexible enough to be accommodated within the
rigours of today’s life but with a structure robust enough to achieve the objective - a course that would provide the shortest path to learning the language of the Qur'an by appreciating the particular strengths and weaknesses of the modern Muslim learner. The language of the Qur'an can not be appreciated without touching upon the linguistic gems which adorn the Qur’an, this has been part of the course from its beginning and is one of the most rewarding elements of learning the language to students. We ask Allah the Exalted to grant us success in our mission and invite you all to join us in this life changing journey towards witnessing the miracle of the Qur'an.
Why learn Arabic?
Top 10 reasons to learn the language of the Quran
Arabic is the language by which Allah communicated with mankind in the Qur’an
Arabic will give you an appreciation of the exact words spoken by the Prophet saw to the Companions
The quality of one’s salah is dependent upon the appreciation of the meanings of what they are saying.
Understanding the Qur’an in Arabic will enable you to witness the living linguistic miracle of the Qur’an.
Through understanding Arabic, the memorization of Qur’an becomes a real possibility, as the Qur’an is designed to help its memorization.
Arabic grants access to 1400 years of written Islamic scholarship from the legendary scholars of early Islam whose books remain with us preserved to this day.
Arabic grants access to the thousands upon thousands of hours of Islamic lectures available on the Internet by contemporary scholars
The Prophet SAW said, “Whoever Allah wants good for, He grants him understanding of the religion.” Understanding the religion begins by understanding the Qur’an, which can only truly happen in the Arabic language.
Imam Malik said, “The last of this Ummah will not be reformed except by that which reformed the first of it,” and that is the Qur’an.
By learning Arabic, one develops a relationship with the Qur’an, and the Qur’an can then become an intercessor for them. Abdullah ibn Amr reported: The Messenger of Allah, peace and blessings be upon him, said, “Fasting and the Quran will intercede for the servant on the Day of Resurrection. Fasting will say: O Lord, I prevented him from food and drink during the day, so allow me to intercede for him. The Quran will say: O Lord, I prevented him from sleeping during the night, so allow me to intercede for him. Thus, they will both intercede for him.”
What others say about us
- 'I don't have the time', I'm so exhausted after work', 'my children are too dependent on me' are only a few of the excuses I offered to myself more than anyone else. However, once I enrolled and sat through the first class I knew this was my priority now. Struggle in the path of Allah and Allah will increase you. The Imperfect in Arabic is one of the most beautiful lessons among many taught in this course and is capable of softening the most hardest of hearts bi-ithnillah. This course is different because of the beauty of the Qur'an being explored while you learn. Stop relying on others to tell you about the Qur'an and start your conversation with Allah todayMeru, London
- I am going through this beautiful journey of quran and I am in term 2. After just a few lessons I started understanding verses. Every lesson brings me in to light and noor of Allah subhanahu wa taala.It is so amazing for me when I recite quran I understand it. Now I read many ayat that I thought I understood through the translations, but now via this course I can see many layers and layers of meanings that Allah wants to convey to us message to us and we never listen or bother to understand. Another thing I now appreciate is the beauty and perfection of language Allah has used in quran. I came to know no other book has that beauty and perfection. I regret that I did not learn this all earlier. I recommend this course should start in the school so our kids should know to understand Quranic verses where they learn so much of other knowledge but miss the most important part of life. I am so thankful of our Ustadha also who is so kind to us and answers all of our question and bears with us in so many ways with alot of patience. May Allah Taala reward her and all who are helping us.Tuba Khan, Queensland, Australia
- There are so many Arabic courses to choose from these days -all of them market themselves persuasively so choosing one can pose quite a dilemma! Arabic Gems' Arabic Through the Qur'an course seemed to tick a number of boxes when I heard about it: a course focusing on fus.ha, aiming to equip learners to understand the Blessed Qur'an - and to do so within a year -from one Ramadhan to the next. Having enrolled and having been on board for 6 months (half the course) I can delightedly confirm that I have not looked back nor regretted my decision! I am in fact so thankful to Ar-Rahman that He guided me to this course and allowed me to join - I am learning so much all the time and really feel the learning embedding itself in my psyche and making an impact on my reading with understanding, alhamdulIllah. Yes, lots of little things to remember but Arabic grammar? No problem! Ustadhah breaks it down to make it simple and clear and her regular homeworks really work to make us practise and learn each new point she covers. May Allah, subhanh, reward you Ustadhah, ameen!Someera Butt, Headteacher, al-Noor Muslim Primary School, London
- I thank Allaah everyday that I am enrolled in this class. It was by chance that I heard about it Alhamdulillaah, this class has opened my eyes to Quran in a new way. Whenever I read the Quran I challenge myself with either trying to figure out the meaning or looking at the grammatical aspect of the Quran. When I hear the Quran being recited and I can understand what Allaah azza wa jal is saying without any translation that is what gives me hope and motivation to keep struggling!.Ayan Ibrahim, Canada
- I was very nervous and anxious in starting this course. I was not keen on online classes, especially in the evenings as my household is very hectic around this time. So there were many obstacles in my way to do this course. I made lots of dua', prayed istikhara and took the leap of faith. All praise is due to Allah the Almighty, He has made it easy for me! I have managed to attend all the classes! To be honest, there have been weeks of hardship but in all I find myself enjoying the classes and actually looking forward to them. I didn't think I was really going to enjoy it but I did. Despite getting confused at times and getting lots of wrong answers to the questions I find myself still persevering. I now feel I have more understanding of the rules in Arabic language so far, whereas before I just learnt whatever I was taught, but never looked into it any deeper. I am truly blessed to have Ustadha Ola as my teacher. May Allah reward her abundantly with good, for all your patience. It is really nice and heart warming to have a teacher who really encourages us to keep going and give us reminders on why we are doing the course. Not solely to get the highest marks in the exams but to grasp the understanding and be really appreciative of the wrong answers we get and look into the error and make it better. We have heard from many scholars, students of knowledge about the importance of learning the Arabic language countless times but I have not felt this in my heart before. For me, it was a duty to learn but now it is the love to learn and already I get so excited when you use an ayah from the Quran to show us the literal miracle of the Quran. I pray that there will be many more like this and that I will never cease to be excited with learning the language of the Quran. Ameen.Umm Zakariyah, London
- 'Arabic through the Quran' is a course not to be missed! It has opened my eyes on the beauty and deeper meaning of the Quran. I have revisited Surahs I have memorized before and it has shed a new light on them. Because of its structure, I feel the progress I have made so far is huge compared to any Arabic course I tried before. Every week I try my best to make it to the online live lesson with Ustadha Ola and the other students as I thoroughly enjoy it.Sana Wilmaer, London
From our popular blog
al-Salaamu 'alaykum wa rahmatullaah, For the first time ever, the same unique and highly established online Qur'anic...
Due to popular demand we have relaunched our amazing Arabic through the Qur'an course for a new batch of students...
In surah Anbiya Allah says: " It is He who created night and day, the sun and the...
This post is dedicated to my baby Rahma, the joy of my heart, light of my life, and queen...
Arabic Gems is in the process of relaunching with all new content - watch this space!
al-Salāmu ‘alaykum wa rahmatullāh, The Story of Prophet Yunus in the Qur’an is told only briefly in Surah al-Anbiya...
al-Salāmu ‘alaykum wa rahmatullāh, So important is the concept of 'happiness' in our lives that many people – even...
This post is dedicated to my brother. May Allaah protect you and have mercy upon you always habibee…ameen. al-Salaamu...