Our vision at Arabic Gems is that one day we will live in a society where every Muslim will understand the speech of their Lord. That our paths will once again be illuminated with the divine light of the Qur’an. That guided by the Qur’an we will shed the shackles that currently bind us. The learning of a new language as an adult is a difficult endeavour – one that is made harder by the pace of life today and the multiple responsibilities which we carry as parents, professionals, and members of our communities.
It is with this in mind that we have sought to develop a course that is flexible enough to be accommodated within the
rigours of today’s life but with a structure robust enough to achieve the objective – a course that would provide the shortest path to learning the language of the Qur’an by appreciating the particular strengths and weaknesses of the modern Muslim learner. The language of the Qur’an can not be appreciated without touching upon the linguistic gems which adorn the Qur’an, this has been part of the course from its beginning and is one of the most rewarding elements of learning the language to students. We ask Allah the Exalted to grant us success in our mission and invite you all to join us in this life changing journey towards witnessing the miracle of the Qur’an.
Why learn Arabic?
Top 10 reasons to learn the language of the Quran
Arabic is the language by which Allah communicated with mankind in the Qur’an
Arabic will give you an appreciation of the exact words spoken by the Prophet saw to the Companions
The quality of one’s salah is dependent upon the appreciation of the meanings of what they are saying.
Understanding the Qur’an in Arabic will enable you to witness the living linguistic miracle of the Qur’an.
Through understanding Arabic, the memorization of Qur’an becomes a real possibility, as the Qur’an is designed to help its memorization.
Arabic grants access to 1400 years of written Islamic scholarship from the legendary scholars of early Islam whose books remain with us preserved to this day.
Arabic grants access to the thousands upon thousands of hours of Islamic lectures available on the Internet by contemporary scholars
The Prophet SAW said, “Whoever Allah wants good for, He grants him understanding of the religion.” Understanding the religion begins by understanding the Qur’an, which can only truly happen in the Arabic language.
Imam Malik said, “The last of this Ummah will not be reformed except by that which reformed the first of it,” and that is the Qur’an.
By learning Arabic, one develops a relationship with the Qur’an, and the Qur’an can then become an intercessor for them. Abdullah ibn Amr reported: The Messenger of Allah, peace and blessings be upon him, said, “Fasting and the Quran will intercede for the servant on the Day of Resurrection. Fasting will say: O Lord, I prevented him from food and drink during the day, so allow me to intercede for him. The Quran will say: O Lord, I prevented him from sleeping during the night, so allow me to intercede for him. Thus, they will both intercede for him.”
What others say about us
- It was December 2012 and I had the great privilege of visiting Saudi Arabia for the first time. I was there for a training but Alhamdulillah I got time to visit the Holy City – Makkah – even though it was for only a day. I had the honour of performing my umrah and attending the Juma prayers there. I was in awe. Imagine then, my great shame when I could not understand a word of the khutbah because of course it was in Arabic!!! It was then that I vowed to do my utmost to learn this beautiful language chosen by Allah (set). But how, where and when will I find time in my busy schedule for undertaking this task? By the grace of Allah the Almighty, a few weeks after I returned home, my sister sent me a mail informing me about this course. She was signing up for the class and wanted me to join her. Subhanallah! Exactly what I was looking for! I consider this course truly a gift from Allah (swt). I signed up and 4 months down the line, do not regret it for a second. The course has the advantage of being a structured class taught by a professional who truly cares about her students with class sessions, assignments, tests and grades. Yet at the same time, it is flexible in that the students attend class while in the comfort of their home, and can do the assignments and tests at their own time.Shazma Ahmed, Kenya
- Absolutely outstanding teaching. Having studied Arabic at SOAS University of London I would say Ola’s ability to give the English speaker a thorough understanding of Arabic in such a simple way, surpasses that of any institution..truly gifted in both understanding & teaching therefore a must for those who want to invest in their aakhira … the course allows you to almost immediately have an appreciation & further attachment to our Noble Quran.Bushra Daudi, London
- I don't know of a course in Quranic arabic that is more flexible yet challenging, thorough yet accessible, intense yet utterly inspiring than the Arabic Gems course. The teacher is uniquely responsive to her students needs and no stone is left unturned to ensure understanding, if the student is willing to engage and work hard. This course has given me what I have always wanted, a real relationship with the Quran and for that I am eternally grateful.Mona Surty, London
- A unique, fast-paced and exciting Arabic course that will have you translating Qur’anic verses from day one. I have not come aross any other course that fulfils its objectives of understanding the Qur’an so quickly and effectively. Ola is a very enthusiastic and motivational teacher. Her knowledge and love for the Qur’an, and her passion for helping her students discover the immense beauty in the Qur’an through its language, make it an amazing course to be part ofB Malik, UK
- I was very nervous and anxious in starting this course. I was not keen on online classes, especially in the evenings as my household is very hectic around this time. So there were many obstacles in my way to do this course. I made lots of dua', prayed istikhara and took the leap of faith. All praise is due to Allah the Almighty, He has made it easy for me! I have managed to attend all the classes! To be honest, there have been weeks of hardship but in all I find myself enjoying the classes and actually looking forward to them. I didn't think I was really going to enjoy it but I did. Despite getting confused at times and getting lots of wrong answers to the questions I find myself still persevering. I now feel I have more understanding of the rules in Arabic language so far, whereas before I just learnt whatever I was taught, but never looked into it any deeper. I am truly blessed to have Ustadha Ola as my teacher. May Allah reward her abundantly with good, for all your patience. It is really nice and heart warming to have a teacher who really encourages us to keep going and give us reminders on why we are doing the course. Not solely to get the highest marks in the exams but to grasp the understanding and be really appreciative of the wrong answers we get and look into the error and make it better. We have heard from many scholars, students of knowledge about the importance of learning the Arabic language countless times but I have not felt this in my heart before. For me, it was a duty to learn but now it is the love to learn and already I get so excited when you use an ayah from the Quran to show us the literal miracle of the Quran. I pray that there will be many more like this and that I will never cease to be excited with learning the language of the Quran. Ameen.Umm Zakariyah, London
- Having never studied the Arabic language before I was expecting to find this course impossible, How wrong I was! Although it is truly challenging; I have been prepared for every challenge with brilliant teaching, fantastic resources and a supportive community of sisters to help me along. The main reason this course has worked so well for me is because, if for any reason I miss a class, or need to revisit a subject, the recordings are always there to help, as well as the forums and of course our wonderful teacher. So many people will talk themselves out of taking this course, "I have no time/ I haven't studied in years/ I have children" but my advice to you is: give it a go, you may surprise yourself...I did (AH)!Tahseen, Wanstead
From our popular blog
al-Salaamu ‘alaykum wa rahmatullaah, For the first time ever, the same unique and highly established online Qur’anic...
Due to popular demand we have relaunched our amazing Arabic through the Qur’an course for a new batch of students...
In surah Anbiya Allah says: ” It is He who created night and day, the sun and the...
This post is dedicated to my baby Rahma, the joy of my heart, light of my life, and queen...
Arabic Gems is in the process of relaunching with all new content – watch this space!
al-Salāmu ‘alaykum wa rahmatullāh, The Story of Prophet Yunus in the Qur’an is told only briefly in Surah al-Anbiya...
al-Salāmu ‘alaykum wa rahmatullāh, So important is the concept of ‘happiness’ in our lives that many people – even...
This post is dedicated to my brother. May Allaah protect you and have mercy upon you always habibee…ameen. al-Salaamu...