Our vision at Arabic Gems is that one day we will live in a society where every Muslim will understand the speech of their Lord. That our paths will once again be illuminated with the divine light of the Qur'an. That guided by the Qur'an we will shed the shackles that currently bind us. The learning of a new language as an adult is a difficult endeavour - one that is made harder by the pace of life today and the multiple responsibilities which we carry as parents, professionals, and members of our communities.
It is with this in mind that we have sought to develop a course that is flexible enough to be accommodated within the
rigours of today’s life but with a structure robust enough to achieve the objective - a course that would provide the shortest path to learning the language of the Qur'an by appreciating the particular strengths and weaknesses of the modern Muslim learner. The language of the Qur'an can not be appreciated without touching upon the linguistic gems which adorn the Qur’an, this has been part of the course from its beginning and is one of the most rewarding elements of learning the language to students. We ask Allah the Exalted to grant us success in our mission and invite you all to join us in this life changing journey towards witnessing the miracle of the Qur'an.
Why learn Arabic?
Top 10 reasons to learn the language of the Quran
Arabic is the language by which Allah communicated with mankind in the Qur’an
Arabic will give you an appreciation of the exact words spoken by the Prophet saw to the Companions
The quality of one’s salah is dependent upon the appreciation of the meanings of what they are saying.
Understanding the Qur’an in Arabic will enable you to witness the living linguistic miracle of the Qur’an.
Through understanding Arabic, the memorization of Qur’an becomes a real possibility, as the Qur’an is designed to help its memorization.
Arabic grants access to 1400 years of written Islamic scholarship from the legendary scholars of early Islam whose books remain with us preserved to this day.
Arabic grants access to the thousands upon thousands of hours of Islamic lectures available on the Internet by contemporary scholars
The Prophet SAW said, “Whoever Allah wants good for, He grants him understanding of the religion.” Understanding the religion begins by understanding the Qur’an, which can only truly happen in the Arabic language.
Imam Malik said, “The last of this Ummah will not be reformed except by that which reformed the first of it, ” and that is the Qur’an.
By learning Arabic, one develops a relationship with the Qur’an, and the Qur’an can then become an intercessor for them. Abdullah ibn Amr reported: The Messenger of Allah, peace and blessings be upon him, said, “Fasting and the Quran will intercede for the servant on the Day of Resurrection. Fasting will say: O Lord, I prevented him from food and drink during the day, so allow me to intercede for him. The Quran will say: O Lord, I prevented him from sleeping during the night, so allow me to intercede for him. Thus, they will both intercede for him.”
What others say about us
- As a busy mum of four I have tried various teach yourself Arabic books over many years and always struggled to comprehend over-complicated grammar explanations. This course was a great relief as Ola was able to simplify these same grammar explanations to a level that everyone can understand very easily.Mrs Ahmed, London
- My main reason for wanting to study Arabic was to able to understand the Qur’aan when I recite it or when I hear it being recited in Salah in hopes of drawing nearer to Allah (s.w.t). What I did not expect was how fast my ablitily to understand would develop. Only 4 weeks into the second term now and I’m still amazed every week at the ayahs in our homework that I read and am readily able to translate. Alhamdulilah, the benefits I’m gaining through this course are much greater than the goals and expectations I originally had going into it. For one, I really struggled with reading Qur’aan (it would litterally take me minutes to read an ayah!) and by the grace of Allah, I am able to read much faster and a lot easier now. Secondly, the insipration and motivation I get from the rest of the sisters is amazing. Just the fact that women from all walks of life (mothers, wives, students, professionals etc) are coming together and supporting eachother for one common purpose makes me feel blessed that Allah chose me to be a part of it. Thirdly, I can not begin to describe what an amazing teacher Ustadha Ola is. Not only does she explain things in such a way that anyone can understand, but she continues to motivate us every week and is always actively answering EVERY question through forums and emails quickly (and we have a lot of them!). This course truly reflects her passion for teaching and the Arabic language itself. Finally, I was not expecting to understand any deeper level of meaning in the Qur’aan JUST from learning the vocabulary and grammer. I always thought this would come once I mastered the language. Subhan’Allah! It’s an amazing feeling when you understand more than what the English translation says. Although this is something that we just began to dive into more in the second term, I feel like the possibilty of anyone going through their life as a Muslim and not experiencing the miracle of the Qur’aan the way it was meant to be understood would be a great shame.In all honesty, I myself was halfhearted about starting… wondering if I really had the time. If I could go back, I would give my former self a smack for even thinking about passing up on such an amazing opportunity. Yes, it takes hard work, dedication and consisitency but the amount effort does not come close to the reward and benefit insha’Allah. May Allah put barakah in your path to seeking knowledgeAyan Ali, Canada
- Flexible, comprehensive and taught by a phenomenally gifted and patient teacher (maa shaa Allah) you have to take this course! No more excuses for lack of time, funds or capacity…absolutely anyone who understands English is suitable for this course. I would just go for it for an investment literally of a lifetime! You would not believe how much more meaningful your Qur’an recitation becomes even from week 1 which covers very basic principles.Halimah Bello, UK
- I am going through this beautiful journey of quran and I am in term 2. After just a few lessons I started understanding verses. Every lesson brings me in to light and noor of Allah subhanahu wa taala.It is so amazing for me when I recite quran I understand it. Now I read many ayat that I thought I understood through the translations, but now via this course I can see many layers and layers of meanings that Allah wants to convey to us message to us and we never listen or bother to understand. Another thing I now appreciate is the beauty and perfection of language Allah has used in quran. I came to know no other book has that beauty and perfection. I regret that I did not learn this all earlier. I recommend this course should start in the school so our kids should know to understand Quranic verses where they learn so much of other knowledge but miss the most important part of life. I am so thankful of our Ustadha also who is so kind to us and answers all of our question and bears with us in so many ways with alot of patience. May Allah Taala reward her and all who are helping us.Tuba Khan, Queensland, Australia
- 'Arabic through the Quran' is a course not to be missed! It has opened my eyes on the beauty and deeper meaning of the Quran. I have revisited Surahs I have memorized before and it has shed a new light on them. Because of its structure, I feel the progress I have made so far is huge compared to any Arabic course I tried before. Every week I try my best to make it to the online live lesson with Ustadha Ola and the other students as I thoroughly enjoy it.Sana Wilmaer, London
- 'I don't have the time', I'm so exhausted after work', 'my children are too dependent on me' are only a few of the excuses I offered to myself more than anyone else. However, once I enrolled and sat through the first class I knew this was my priority now. Struggle in the path of Allah and Allah will increase you. The Imperfect in Arabic is one of the most beautiful lessons among many taught in this course and is capable of softening the most hardest of hearts bi-ithnillah. This course is different because of the beauty of the Qur'an being explored while you learn. Stop relying on others to tell you about the Qur'an and start your conversation with Allah todayMeru, London
From our popular blog
al-Salaamu 'alaykum wa rahmatullaah, For the first time ever, the same unique and highly established online Qur'anic...
Due to popular demand we have relaunched our amazing Arabic through the Qur'an course for a new batch of students...
In surah Anbiya Allah says: " It is He who created night and day, the sun and the...
This post is dedicated to my baby Rahma, the joy of my heart, light of my life, and queen...
Arabic Gems is in the process of relaunching with all new content - watch this space!
al-Salāmu ‘alaykum wa rahmatullāh, The Story of Prophet Yunus in the Qur’an is told only briefly in Surah al-Anbiya...
al-Salāmu ‘alaykum wa rahmatullāh, So important is the concept of 'happiness' in our lives that many people – even...
This post is dedicated to my brother. May Allaah protect you and have mercy upon you always habibee…ameen. al-Salaamu...